So I have this situation, where I couldn’t get my kobo reader to connect to the internet and fetch updates and/or use kobo+ for example. I started debugging with Ubiquiti ages ago to see where the problem lies. In the meantime I was unable to continue with this, but I had an interesting thought yesterday. I sniffed the traffic from the hardware (mac) address of the ereader and noticed that it tried to resolve: www.
After ‘relaunching’ my Blog I have been occupied with other activities. So I just took a little time to say “Happy 2017” to all of you. Perhaps there will be more entries this upcoming year.. 🙂
It took a gentle while to get the blog back up and running. I first considered cleaning out the original blog, but that would have taken a lot of time and effort. So instead I just vaporised the old blog (well, not really, but the interwebs can no longer access it), and decided to rebuild the website. Please feel welcome here, if I feel up for it, I might convert a few older blog entries from the old blog to this new one.
Back in 2003 I wrote the first bits of the site that you are visiting now. As an homage to that time I added a screenshot from the internet archive for future reference.